Center for International Services & Programs

Affiliation with the Department or Program

Cleveland State faculty and staff have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from other countries. If you are interested in such a collaboration, you will need a CSU faculty or staff member to sponsor you. Please see the CSU home page for links to the University Colleges, Departments and Programs.

It is important to know that there are both U.S. federal immigration regulations and University policies to be followed, whether you as the visitor, will be paid by grant, university funding or personal funds.

Generally, you will enter the U.S. on a J-1 (exchange visitor) visa as a visiting scholar or visiting faculty. The sponsoring faculty member at CSU completes a special form called a Form DS 2019 Request Form. If you are coming to CSU on your own funds, you will need to provide the CSU Faculty member with documentation showing your source of funding which shows how much is available for the duration of the stay. This information is required by federal regulation. The form is then approved by the appropriate Dean.

Once all of the approvals have been obtained, CSU's Center for International Services and Programs (CISP) prepares the necessary visa Documents for mailing to you.