International Admissions

International Transfer Credit Guide


CSU Big Picture

Step 1: Apply

To apply as an undergraduate transfer student, please submit your online application, application fee, and transcripts from your current university and any other college/university that you have attended. Secondary school transcripts are also required if you have taken less than 12 credit hours. Please send secondary transcripts if you are unsure of how many credit hours you have completed at your college/university. Also, if any transcripts are not in English, please include a certified English translation of the original documents. 

In addition, you will need to send us information regarding English language proficiency. Details may be found here:


Step 2: Transfer Credit Evaluation

You must be admitted in order to receive your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE). TCEs involve multiple offices on campus and may take up to one month to be completed. Once the TCE is completed, it can be viewed on your CampusNet ( account by going to the Student tab and clicking on Transcript. Transfer Credit Evaluations are unofficial until all final and official transcripts have been received by CSU.


Step 3: Academic Advising

It is the responsibility of the student to contact an academic advisor to see how your classes fit into your major at Cleveland State University. You should contact your academic advising office as soon as your TCE is available. We cannot guarantee that all of your credits will transfer to exact equivalents in your program. If possible, please have your syllabi and class descriptions available in English to make this process easier.

Who to Contact:

Washkewicz College of Engineering:

Monte Ahuja College of Business:

College of Education and Human Services:

College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences:

School of Nursing:

College of Sciences and Health Professions:

Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs: