Follow these steps to apply for admission at Cleveland State University:
Complete Application for Admission
Apply online and pay $30 non-refundable application fee before submitting any supplemental documents.
For freshman: All secondary school records, including certificates. All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
For transfer: All university records (transcripts, mark sheets and certificates). All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Obtain Proof of English Language Proficiency
All students must meet the minimum English proficiency requirements for admission consideration. The following scores are acceptable for all undergraduate programs. All test scores must be official and sent directly to CSU from the testing institution.
- TOEFL internet-based test: 78 (at least 17 in each section)
- TOEFL paper-based test: 550
- IELTS: 6.0 (at least 5.0 in each section)
- For a full list of options to prove English proficiency, please visit see Proof of English Proficiency.
- CONDITIONAL ADMISSION: Undergraduate applicants can be considered for conditional admission by completing a separate application for Cleveland State University’s Intensive English Language program at http://www.csuohio.edu/ielp or by enrolling in any ELS center (www.els.edu). After successfully completing the CSU IELP program or ELS 112, you will be able to enter into your academic program.
In order to receive a certificate of eligibility for a student visa (I-20 or DS 20-19) from CSU, all international students must submit documentation of financial support for one academic year. While this is not required for admission consideration, you may choose to submit this documentation with your application materials. For more information about finances, please see Financial Requirements.
Cleveland State University
Office of International Admissions
2121 Euclid Avenue, UN 443
Cleveland, OH 44115 USA
By email: email@example.com
Please include your CSU ID number with your materials. All transcripts from US schools must be official and sent directly to CSU from the institution. All test scores must be official and sent directly to CSU from the testing agency. Our ETS institution code is 1221; ACT code is 3270.
*Any student that submits unofficial academic records (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, etc.) for admission purposes will be required to submit their officials upon acceptance and arrival on campus.