Graduate Student Awards Program, Fall 2020
The College of Graduate Studies invites eligible graduate students to participate in the 2020/2021 Graduate Student Awards Program (Fall Semester) and the 3MT Competition (Spring Semester).
The awards programs recognize graduate student achievement across multiple categories with monetary awards ranging from $250 to $500. Award categories include: Research and Creative Scholarship, Thesis and Dissertation, Teaching, Engagement and Social Justice Advocacy.
Award submissions deadline is January 15, 2021 at noon
Graduate Student Award nominees must:
- Be current CSU graduate students or be no more than one year post-graduation
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Request a nomination from a member of CSU Graduate Faculty
- Be in good academic standing at the time of nomination
- Follow all of the Awards Guidelines, described in link above
College of Graduate Studies Awards Photo Archives
2019/20 Awards Reception postponed to 2021
3MT@CSU begins January 2021
- Learn a priceless skill that will serve you throughout your career
- Gain the recognition your research deserves
- Attract attention and understanding of peers, employers, investors, entrepreneurs, etc.
- View the Three Minute Thesis Awards Program Details 2020-2021 Awards Web Posting.pdf
What is a Three-minute Thesis (3MT)?
Oral communication of masters' or doctoral research in three minutes or less. Developed by University of Queensland, graduate students learn to effectively summarize their research and and make a perfect pitch that is designed for all audiences. A panel of judges scores each student to determine a winner.
The College of Graduate Studies invites all students completing a dissertation or thesis to participate in the Three Minute Thesis (3MT). Monetary prizes will be awarded - $500 (first place) and $250 (runner-up). The first place winner will represent CSU in a virtual 3MT competition sponsored by the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools in March 2021.
Why participate in the 3MT@CSU:
- Free training- includes preparation, planning and presenting your pitch
- Awards and recognition
- CSU Tech staff will record your 3MT video and forward a link to your presentation
- Winner represents CSU in annual Graduate Schools Conference (MAGS)