Cleveland State University is offering a new tuition program for the Fall 2020 freshman class. If you enroll at CSU as a new first time freshman and successfully complete Fall Semester 2020 with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better, Spring Semester 2021 will be tuition free after other financial aid has been applied. So, Spring tuition will be covered by CSU!
In order to be eligible for the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Enroll in a CSU bachelors degree program for the first time in either the Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 semester.
- Have not been previously enrolled in a degree-seeking program at another college or university (CCP or non-degree courses are fine).
- Have a 2020-2021 FAFSA on file with CSU’s office of financial aid.
- Accept any financial aid offered for the 2020-2021 academic year with the exception of loans or workstudy.
- Students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours in the Fall 2020 semester with a minimum of 2.75 semester GPA.
- Grades from previous college coursework will not be considered for semester GPA calculation.
- Grades of incomplete will not count toward the 12 credit hour minimum and will earn 0 points in a GPA calculation.
- Courses in which a student may elect a Pass/Fail grade will be considered for the credit hour minimum, but will not be included in a GPA calculation.
- Credit earned from CCP, AP, CLEP will not be included in the credit hour minimum.)
- Students must pay their Fall 2020 balance in full before the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise kicks in for Spring 2021.
2-for-1 Book Store Credit:
The Fall 2020 term has been one like no other here are CSU. To commend your perseverance and provide some financial relief during these unprecedented times, CSU will be awarding book store vouchers to continuing students who qualify for the Spring 2021 term.
To qualify for the award, students must:
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Earn 12 credits in the Fall 20 term
- Earn a Fall 20 term GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enroll full-time in Spring 21
Am I eligible for the 2-for-1 Scholarship or bookstore credit for Spring 2021?
The 2-for-1 Scholarship is awarded to incoming freshmen who started classes in the Summer/Fall 20 term. Continuing degree seeking undergraduates and new transfers that started in Fall 20 can earn a Campus Bookstore credit for Spring 2021 based on their academic achievement in the Fall 2020 semester.
How will Pass/Fail (S/U) grade impact my eligibility?
- To be eligible, students must earn 12 credit hours in residence at CSU in the Fall 2020 semester
- Grades of I,U,F and W do not count as earned credit
- To be eligible, students must have a Fall 2020 semester GPA, meaning you must take at least 1 course for a letter grade
- Use CSU’s online GPA calculator (https://www.csuohio.edu/academics/gpa-calculator) to determine your semester GPA. Enter only courses which you are taking for a letter grade. Do NOT include courses for which you intend to take Pass/Fail.
- Minimum Fall 2020 term GPA to qualify for 2-for-1 Scholarship: 2.75
- Minimum Fall 2020 term GPA to qualify for Bookstore credit: 3.0
I am enrolled in MTH 87 in the fall and these credits are not showing in my total earned for the fall. Will I still meet the 12 credits needed to qualify for the 2-for-1 Scholarship?
Yes, students who are enrolled in MTH 87 and earn a passing grade will be able to use those credits towards the 12 earned hours required for eligibility.
I have not yet filed my 20-21 FASFA, can I still qualify for the 2-for-1 Scholarship?
You must submit a 20-21 FASFA by January 31, 2021 to qualify for the 2-for-1 Scholarship.
I was selected for verification, how does this impact my 2-for-1 Scholarship?
You must complete the verification process by March 1, 2021 and have received your financial aid award to be eligible for the 2-for-1 Scholarship.
Is the 2-for-1 Scholarship renewable?
No, the 2-1 Scholarship is a one-time scholarship that eligible students will be awarded in the Spring 21 term only.
What will the 2-for-1 Scholarship cover?
The 2-for-1 Scholarship covers tuition only. It does not cover any other charges on your account such as individual course fees, residence hall, etc.
How many credit hours will the 2-for-1 Scholarship cover?
The 2-for-1 Scholarship apply to a maximum of 18 credits in the Spring 21 term. Students that drop below 12 credits for the Spring 21 term will not be issued any refund of the 2-for-1 Scholarship. Scholarship funds cannot be carried over to a future term.
I am an out-of-state resident. Can I qualify for the 2-for-1 Scholarship?
Yes, if you meet all of the eligibility criteria you will qualify for the scholarship.
I am an international student. Can I qualify for the 2-for-1 Scholarship?
No, students are required to complete a valid 20-21 FASFA, thus international students will not qualify.
How will having an outstanding balance in the fall term impact my ability to earn the 2-for-1 Scholarship?
Students must have paid their fall balance in full by December 1, 2020 to be eligible for the 2-for-1 Scholarship or book store voucher.
Can I qualify for both the 2-for-1 Scholarship and book store credit?
No, students that started as new freshmen in the Summer/Fall 20 term can qualify for the scholarship. Continuing degree seeking students and new transfer students can qualify for the book store credit.
How much is the book store voucher worth?
Students who qualify will receive a $150 book store voucher that can be used on books, course materials, supplies or any item sold at the Viking Outfitter.
Will the book store voucher expire?
Yes, the voucher must be redeemed by May 1, 2021.
I don’t see the 2-for-1 Scholarship on my account even though I met the qualifications.
The 2-for-1 Scholarship is “last-in” dollars. If you already have other scholarships/grants that cover your tuition in full, you will not have a 2-for-1 Scholarship on your account.