Dean’s Travel Award for Engineering Students
The Dean’s Travel Award for Engineering Students at the Washkewicz College of Engineering aims to promote the research activities of engineering students and it will supplement the travel cost of graduate and undergraduate students for their participation in domestic or international conferences and key professional workshop or courses.
This travel award is expected to be an additional resource for supporting the travel of students for the aforementioned events, complementing the College of Graduate Studies Travel Funds and the compensation from the academic departments of the students and their faculty advisors. If funds are awarded, up to 1/3 of the travel cost, but no more than $500, may be reimbursed after the travel. To be eligible for this award, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in an Engineering program of the Washkewicz College of Engineering;
- Be in good academic standing;
- Be the lead author and/or presenter if travelling to a conference;
- Comply with all CSU travel regulations.
The application form should be filled and attached with the following supporting documents:
- Official information (such as the official preliminary or final – if available – program) of the conference, workshop, course or related activity;
- Official acceptance of the proceedings manuscript or official acceptance of the abstract for oral or poster presentation if attending a conference;
- Document that the workshop is directly related to the research project, if attending a workshop;
- A short personal statement regarding the importance of attending the event;
- A recommendation letter from the faculty advisor of the applicant;
- Documentation of other funding from the faculty advisor, the academic department or other sources as necessary;
- Other supporting documents as needed
Applications will be evaluated based on how beneficial the travel will be for the student, and how well it satisfies the mission and vision of the College and the University, as judged by the review faculty committee.
Applications are due four times per year academic year:
- September 1: For travel October– December
- Dec 1: For travel January - March
- March 1: For travel April– June
- June 1: for travel July - September
Applicants will be informed of the decision within approximately two weeks of review. Download fillable form below.