The President’s Council on Diversity advises the Chief Diversity Officer regarding all aspects of diversity applicable to the work of the University and its faculty, staff, students and administrators. Made up of senior administrators, faculty and students appointed by the President, it sets goals and priorities in accordance with the Diversity Action Plan, monitors progress towards those goals, and updates the Diversity Action Plan as needed.
The President’s Council on Diversity (PCD) shall:
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Vice President for University Engagement and Chief Diversity Officer regarding all aspects of diversity applicable to the work of the University and its faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- Assist the Vice President for University Engagement and Chief Diversity Officer in setting goals and priorities, monitoring and updating the CSU Diversity in Action Plan and annual report.
- Review and make recommendations annually regarding the state of diversity at CSU.
- Receive briefings on matters related to diversity and be informed by data.
- Meet annually with the President of the University.
The Diversity in Action Plan shall:
- Ensure that diversity is integral to excellence in access, opportunity and success at the University.
- Guide the University in fostering and holding all members of the academy accountable as centers of responsibility for diversity in the work of our institution.
- Encompass representational diversity, campus climate, curricular and co-curricular transformation, recruitment-retention-achievement-graduation, multicultural programs, diversity education and professional development, community partnerships, supplier diversity and outcomes assessment.
- Recognize individuals and organizational units as centers of responsibility for diversity, inclusive of the President and Board of Trustees to academic affairs, athletics, business and finance, development and university relations, faculty, staff, students, and student services.
- Comply with all federal and state laws applicable to civil rights and higher education.
- Support and foster the advancement of access, opportunity and success across all segments of the University.