Are you an emerging leader who seeks to make the world a better place through activism geared toward positive change? Do you want to share your views on moral leadership, human rights and social justice? We invite you to participate in the annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Celebration Essay Contest.
If chosen, your recorded essay will be presented at the following virtual events:
- 32nd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Celebration at Cleveland State University | Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 8:30 a.m.
- Tri-C’s 46th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration | Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
A committee will review submissions and select two for presentation. Presenters will receive $100 Visa gift cards.
To be considered, you must:
• Be a current CSU student in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA as of Fall 2022);
• Submit a typed, double-spaced essay (no more than two pages) in 12-point Times New Roman font that demonstrates how the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. quote “The time is always right to do what is right” inspires you to create positive social change in areas such as diversity and inclusion, economics, education, employment, equity, health, housing, safety and voter engagement. Be sure to clearly convey how your vision connects with the moral leadership and legacy of social justice and human rights demonstrated by Dr. King.
• Submit your essay by 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 28. using the form below
• Be willing to record a 3- to 5-minute oral presentation of your written essay. Your recording will be presented during both virtual programs
SUBMIT ESSAY HERE