FOSTERING SUCCESS AND LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS
The Fostering Success and Leadership Programs are designed for youth who are aging out of foster care or experienced foster care and aspire to pursue an undergraduate degree. The following programs will support those individuals through customized and unique services that will enhance and improve their academic outcomes, encourage an enriching and engaging campus life, and support completion of earning an undergraduate degree from CSU.
The Sullivan - Deckard Scholarship Opportunity Program
The Sullivan-Deckard Scholarship Opportunity Program was created in 2015 with the generous gift of $2.3 Million provided by Frank & Barb Sullivan and Jennifer & Daryl Deckard. The program provides an opportunity for highly motivated youth who are aging out of foster care to pursue an undergraduate degree.
The program is built on Seven Core Program Components:
1. Financial aid for tuition, books, fees, and instructional resources.
2. Year-round housing with an approved meal plan.
3. Academic coaching and institutional support services.
4. On-campus employment with Career advising, mentoring.
5. Campus and community engagement with a wide range of volunteers pledged to provide additional student support.
6. Peer assistance, mentoring, and support.
7. Structured development planning for academic breaks and transitioning periods through university life and after graduation.
The Helen Packer Scholarship Program