- We offer a variety of process groups, support groups, and skill groups.
- We offer ongoing process groups which are a great way to learn about yourself and your interpersonal patterns.
- Recent support groups have included: Black Women’s Support Group, LGBT+ Student Support Group, Trans* Student Support Group, and Women’s Support Group.
- Recent skill groups have included: building skills for responding to anxiety, coping with depression, and improving emotion regulation.
- See our Groups Page for current options.
INDIVIDUAL AND COUPLES COUNSELING
- Our providers are happy to talk with you online or over the phone for individual counseling, career counseling, or consultation.
- We also offer couples counseling to address interpersonal concerns.
- Urgent sessions are available from 1:00-3:00 M-F. If you call the Counseling Center and want to speak with a counselor, one will be able to call you back shortly after you call (usually within 15 minutes).
- After hours phone support is available 24/7 by calling 216.687.2277 and selecting option 2.
CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Our case manager can help you online or over the phone to navigate university policies and procedures, connect with support systems, and determine what resources might be most helpful.
- Our case manager can assist you in applying for insurance, locating resources for food and shelter, and connecting to a therapist in the community.
- We provide outreach remotely to students and faculty.
- Common outreach topics include: Orientation to our services, Stress Reduction, Responding to students in distress, Building Interpersonal Skills, and Suicide Prevention training.
- See our Outreach Page for more information.
- Prescription and management of medication.
- Medication consultation.
Our psychiatrists can meet with you remotely and there are no charges for their services during Remote Learning.