Become a Diversity Champion: Six-Week Module Workshop in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Review the current and historical complexities of diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and belonging.
- Understand how the role of “self” and how “self” operates, both consciously and unconsciously, to use oneself to influence others in the service of DE&I change.
- Explore some of the prevalent psychological tendencies that can produce impediments to an inclusive work environment.
- Understand the critical, yet often invisible, role that power dynamics play and its direct relationship to diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and belonging.
- Learn to effectively provide and cultivate and inclusive workplace environment through an understanding of group dynamics and conflict management skills.
- Identify organizational interventions compatible with the culture and level of commitment.
Understand the multiple complexities associated with diversity dynamics in the workplace. Create the structures to advance adaptive and transformative organizational culture change. Cultivate a workplace culture that can effectively leverage its diverse talent. Support leaders in becoming sensitive to and skilled in responding to the needs of its multicultural workforce and consumer population.
Blended Online Format with Live Facilitated Weekly Discussion
Each week you will study a self-directed module, then meet with your cohort members and two expert facilitators for a group discussion. Upon completion of all six modules and discussion groups, you receive a Cleveland State University Certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Cost: $849 | June 1-July 13
Discussion session dates: June 8, 15, 22, 29 and July 6 and 13
Discussion session time: 5:30-7:00 PM
For more information contanct Nancy Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSU alumni discount: Save 10% off tuition
Employer discount: Save 10% with five or more registrations
- Module 1: Foundations: Defining diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Module 2: Social psychology and identification of self
- Module 3: Groups and conflict management
- Module 4: Changing systems
- Module 5: Interventions
- Module 6: Cultural awareness and inclusion