A Cleveland State University conferred CEU is available for courses offered in response to educational and workforce development needs. Continuing education programs at each college and school have an identifiable unit, group, or individual with clearly defined responsibilities for developing and administering CEU learning activities so CE students receive the highest level of personal support.
Our CEU is equivalent to ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience. We ask that students make sure to request a CEU at the college or school where she/he is registering for CE coursework no less than 7-business days before the first day of class.
In order to meet the standards of a CSU CEU, each college or school program offering a CEU adheres to the following standards:
- The CEU activity has clear and concise written statements of intended learning outcomes.
- Qualified instructional personnel are involved in planning and conducting each CEU activity.
- Participants in CEU activities demonstrate their attainment of the learning outcomes.
- The participants evaluate each CEU learning activity.
- Each college/school CEU providers keeps a complete record of each individual's participation and can provide a copy of that record upon request for a period of seven (7) years.
Professional licensing CEUs have different criteria. Please check with your licensing board or the CE administrator at the college or school where you are taking a course.