2018 Teacher Appreciation Day
Event date and time: 9:30 am--1:30 pm, Friday, September 28th, 2018
Event location: Student Center 311, Cleveland State University, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115 campusmap.pdf
Event Organizer: The Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University
Registration Deadline: 5 pm, Tuesday, September 18th, 2018
● 9:30 am Overview of CI Annual Activities, Programs and Resources for Chinese Language Teaching
Dr. Yan Xu (PPT)
● 9:50 am Report on 2018 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp
Ms. Maureen Popa, Mr. Camren Harris
Charles Pohl, Eric Pohl (PPT)
● 10:20 am The Growth of a Visiting Teacher
Ms. Luling Li
● 11:00 am Learning CFL: Knowledge and Performance
What non-native speakers need to know in order to effectively communicate in China
and Chinese culture and how to gain that knowledge effectively
Dr. Galal Walker
● 12:00 pm Award Ceremony
Dr. Anthony Yen, Dr. Jianping Zhu
● 12:15 pm Lunch
Dr.Galal Walker (吴伟克)
Topic: Learning CFL: Knowledge and Performance
What non-native speakers need to know in order to effectively communicate in China and Chinese Culture and how to gain that knowledge effectively.
● Professor of OSU Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures.
● Director of the National East Asian Languages Resource Center at OSU.
● Member of the Executive Board of the Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers' Association.
● Task force member for the College Boards Chinese Advanced Placement Program.
● President of the Midwest US-China Association.
● Director of the OSU Midwest US-China Flagship, which includes the Global Professional Service Corps—a program of internships in China for Americans with advanced language proficiency.
● First recipient in the US and the English speaking world to receive the “China Language and Culture Friendship Award” from the Ministry of Education of China.
● Recipient of the “Qingdao Award” for contributing to the social and economic life of the city from the People’s Government of the City of Qingdao.
Event open to the general public. Complimentary lunch will be by invitation, and provided to the signed up participants only. For questions, please contact Zijie Li, Project Coordinator, Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Excel template: Template.xlsx