Confucius China Studies Program
1. Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship program
2. Ph.D. in China Fellowship Program
3. Understanding China Fellowship
4. Young Leaders Fellowship
5. Publication Grant
6. International Conference Grant
APPLICATION GUIDE for ALL ABOVE PROGRAMS
MAIN WEB PAGE OF APPLICATION: http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login
OTHER UNIVERSITY STUDY-ABROAD PROGRAMS
1. Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GUFS) as one of the units of Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (hereinafter referred to as MTCSOL), is now accepting international students to apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) in 2020.
All applicants shall be
1. Non-Chinese citizens;
2. In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally;
3. Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language;
4. Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2020. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45.
All applicants shall
1. Be bachelor degree holders
2. Have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level)
3. Applicants who are able to provide notarized document of the employment agreement or related proofs upon completing study in China are preferred
4. Commence September 2020 and be provided with a scholarship for a maximum of two academic years
☆ APPLICATION TIME
March 1, 2020 - May 10, 2020
☆ APPLICATION PROCESS
(1) Applicants shall log into your own account the International Chinese Language Teachers (Confucius Institute) Scholarship website (cis.chinese.cn) and upload application materials online
(2) The interview will be organized by GDUFS for qualified applicants before May 10, 2020. Applicants will be notified of the specific time for interview.
(3) HANBAN will entrust Expert Group with conducting a centralized evaluation based on HSK, HSKK scores and grades, taking into account factors such as country and so on, and complete the scholarship review and notify the results 3 months before enrollment of the admitted students.
(4) Scholarship holders need to confirm with GDUFS to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out the CIS certificate online, and register at GDUFS at the designated date and time as per the letter of admission.
☆ CONTACT INFORMATION
Contact Persons: Ms. Peng & Ms. Lin
Website: http: //hygj.gdufs.edu.cn/
Address: MTCSOL Education Center, Room 402, 3rd Teaching Building of GDUFS, No. 2
BaiYun North Street, Guangzhou, Guangdong China (510420)
2. Tsinghua University
Chinese Language Studies (IUP) at Tsinghua University in Beijing 清华大学 IUP 中文中心
The Inter-University Program for Chinese Language Studies (IUP), located in Beijing on the Tsinghua University campus, is specifically designed to deliver advanced Chinese language competency through highly intensive and specialized language skills training. We have the lowest student-instructor ratio of all Chinese study programs.
Leading the way for more than 55 years, IUP has always been the preferred choice of scholars and professionals seeking high-level Chinese language training, including more and more scholars each year applying for from the Blakemore-Freeman, Schwarzman, Yale Light and Yenching Academy programs. IUP is the only program that is supported by a consortium of 11 elite North American universities with leading China studies programs.
IUP course offerings include the full academic year, one semester, summer program and senior scholars’ program. These programs are ideal for students and professionals who aim to advance their language competency to further their field of study or achieve professional-level competency specific to their careers.
For IUP’s 2020 Spring semester program:
Application Deadline: October 15, 2019, to be considered for financial aid, rolling admissions until November 15, 2019
Two years of college-level Mandarin or its equivalent.
For more information, please visit IUP’s website at http://Iupchinesecenter.org
Andrew Andreasen, Ph.D. 安瑞生，博士
Siyu Jade Chen 陈思羽
Admissions and Marketing Coordinator 招生及市场营销助理
Inter-University Program for Chinese Language Studies IUP 清华IUP中文中心
Contact: Mr. Liwei Huang
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 216-523-7142
Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University / Rhodes Tower (RT) 1210
2121 Euclid Avenue / Cleveland, OH 44115