Don’t miss CSU Day at the 42nd Cleveland International Film Festival (CIFF). Cleveland State’s sponsorship of the Film Festival means that all students, faculty and staff members, and alumni are invited to enjoy complimentary tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis on Monday, April 9. Plus, you’ll receive a $2.00 discount on tickets purchased for any screenings during the Film Festival.
How do I get a complimentary ticket for April 9?
Current students and faculty and staff members will need to show their CSU ID at the CIFF Film Festival Box Office. Alumni can obtain a voucher to present at the box office for their free tickets at http://www.csualumni.com/csu-day-at-ciff/. Complimentary tickets are only available through the Box Office — no online or phone options available.
How do I receive my discount on purchased tickets?
It’s easy. Simply use the code “CSU” when you purchase your tickets, and you’ll receive $2.00 off your ticket purchase for any festival screenings. You can buy your tickets:
- Online – Enter your code when you purchase tickets online at clevelandfilm.org (available 24 hours a day).
- By Phone – Provide the code when you call the Film Festival Box Office at 877.304.FILM (3456).
- At the Box Office – Provide the code when you purchase tickets at the CIFF Box Office, which is located inside the Tower City Cinemas lobby. Visit clevelandfilm.org for Box Office Hours.
Ticket prices before the discount are as follows:
- $14 CIFF members
- $16 non-members
- $14 students and seniors 65+ (in-person purchase only
Current CSU Students: FREE Screenings for You!
CIFF is also offering FREE morning, matinee and late-night screenings to current students through its College Program. Present your valid CSU ID card for your free tickets, which will be available one hour before screen start times at the Will Call/Duke Desk (located in the walkway outside the Tower City Cinemas entrance). Free tickets are one ticket per filmgoer and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Free film screenings — up to 125 total — during CIFF are as follows:
- Each weekday between 9am and 3pm
- Fridays and Saturdays after 11pm
Free Filmmakers Panel: Saturday April 14
What inspires and influences some of today’s most creative filmmakers? Hear firsthand when you attend this free day of panel discussions with CIFF filmmakers, hosted by CSU’s new School of Film & Media Arts. Lively and engaging discussions take place between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. in the Music & Communication Building Auditorium (Room 107), located at 2001 Euclid Avenue.
Panel topics include:
- 10-11:30am — Opening Shots: Becoming a Filmmaker
- 11:45am-1:15pm — From Idea to Image: Screenwriting and Directing
- 1:45-3:15pm — Post-Production: The Final Transformation
- 3:30-5pm — Local Heroes: The Importance of Regional Filmmaking
Questions? Contact Valerie D. Temple at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.687.5080.