UPPER DIVISION ONLY
Cleveland State University has a long history of preparing outstanding students for a career in medicine, dentistry, veterinarian studies, and other medical fields. This state-funded scholarship program is designed to attract and retain the best and the brightest students in these areas.
The program will award scholarships in the amount of $1,500 to $7,000 per year to students involved in pre-professional studies, especially those students who choose to dedicate themselves to urban health. Although the program cannot guarantee acceptance into a pre-professional program for an advanced degree, components of the program are designed to maximize your chances.
Who Can Apply?
- Be a transfer student to Cleveland State University student enrolling for the first time Fall 2018 or be a continuing student presently participating in a Choose Ohio First program
- Be an Ohio resident
- Be a pre-professional student actively earning an undergraduate degree. (Note that “pre-professional” is not itself a major, but usually a designed track within a degree program.)
- Have a grade point average of 3.25 or higher
- Make a commitment to Choose Ohio First program requirements
- Have a current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- Not already be receiving a full scholarship
*Please note that preference will be given to students admitted to the NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health.
What are the Program Requirements?
- Monthly Brown Bag Lunch Series—a lunch-time opportunity to get together with the entire student cohort and participate in activities or hear speakers with topics of interest.
- Journal Club—a monthly gathering to discuss emerging research focused on evidence-based practice in urban primary care.
- Career Guidance/Advice—regular interactions with career counselors to explore your future in or out of medicine.
- Mentoring Program—interactions with secondary and early-matriculation students who are also interested in the medical professions.
- Other programs as they are developed to enhance your success.
How Do I Apply?
- Continuing Choose Ohio First Scholars who are interested in the pre-professional track should contact Ronnette Johnson.
For More Information Contact: