This state-funded scholarship program awards scholarships (between $1500 and $5,200 per year) to students in science or engineering who are interested in bioscience or healthcare entrepreneurship. Through local organizations, e.g. BioEnterprise, the Cleveland Clinic and JumpStart, students are exposed to the vibrant entrepreneurial environment in Cleveland and are encouraged to consider careers in high-tech, biotech, and healthcare based start-up companies.
Who can apply?
- Be a Cleveland State University student, enrolled Fall 2016
- Be an Ohio resident
- Be a college junior, senior, master student or post baccalaureate student
- Be a College of Science and Health Professions or College of Engineering Major in a health or bioscience related field such as chemistry, biology, health science, biomedical engineering, biomedical physics, etc.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Be committed to the Choose Ohio First program requirements
Note: Students on full scholarships are not eligible.
What are the program requirements?
Choose Ohio First Scholars will be encouraged to engage in three activities during the award period:
- Research Experience—an independent research project in the laboratory
- Internship/Co-op Experience—an immersion experience in industry or a working laboratory
- Entrepreneurial Experience—mentoring by local science entrepreneurs, bioscience business incubators, or start-up companies
How do I apply?
Complete application and submit by July 31, 2016 (in person or electronically) to:
Dr. Nolan Holland
Director: Choose Ohio First Program in Bioscience and Healthcare Department of Chemical & Biomedical Engineering Fenn Hall, FH 455
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, OH 44115