Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for both Windows and Mac.
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Assessments cannot be exited until submitted by users for grading
- Task switching or access to other applications is prevented
- Print, Print Screen and capturing functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to and from an assessment is prohibited
- Screen capture, messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machine, and network monitoring applications are blocked from running
- Right-click menu options and function keys are disabled
- Browser menu and toolbar options are disabled, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
|LockDown Browser in Blackboard||Preparing an Exam|
Getting Started With LockDown Browser/Monitor
- Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor Quick Start Guide
- Information for Your Students (Word document) - This Word document can be customized to your course and should be placed in your course in an area where students will see it prior to using it for the first time. Recommended areas: Course Information, Syllabus, or the Learning Module where you will be requiring use. Remind the students to review this documentation prior to using the products. Also, it is a good idea to set up a practice quiz prior to the exam where you are requiring LockDown Browser and/or Monitor, to give the students the opportunity to use the technology.