Statement of Purpose
The College of Education and Human Services (COEHS) Dean's Diversity Council guides and supports the COEHS’s commitment to diversity and the implementation of CSU's Diversity Plan
- Enhance Undergraduate Education - Develop a faculty that represents the diverse makeup and experience of the student body.
- Enrich Graduate Education and Research - Recruit a diverse pool of students to participate in graduate research by welcoming all students who are interested and prepared, leveraging diversity to enhance the research focus, and, where appropriate, appealing to students’ cultural expertise.
- Pursue and Enhance Programs of Distinction - Increase participation of underrepresented students in the University’s most distinctive programs by generating avenues for broad access and interest to a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders.
- Promote Engaged Learning to Connect Students to Real-World Experiences - Increase opportunities, access and incentives – through recognition, credentialing and scholarships – for students to take advantage of Engaged Learning opportunities with all sectors of the community that stretch their perspectives beyond their personal experiences.
- Maintain a Steady Budget Model - Increase business with minority vendors to improve the University’s credibility with and investment from diverse entrepreneurs, companies and communities.
- Stabilize Revenue through Increasing Enrollments - Aggressively recruit, attract and retain diverse and underrepresented populations through targeted marketing strategies and intentional student support efforts
- Create Leadership Development Opportunities - Include cultural competence as a core component of all comprehensive leadership development programs on campus.
- Improve the Physical Environment of the Campus - Orient the use of campus space to accommodate specific populations of students – such as those who observe specific religious practices, veterans, and those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning– to effectively connect them to the broader campus community.
COEHS Dean's Diversity Awards
Diversity Award 2018