For educators beginning their leadership journey, the Center for Educational Leadership offers a fast track, convenient Masters in Educational Administration (Cohort Track) that is delivered select Saturdays and online.
This specialized Masters Cohort Track Program provides students with the opportunity to earn their Master’s degree and principal’s license in only 5 semesters and 10 courses!
- Nationally accredited and Standards-based program.
- Master's degree and principal's license.
- Accelerated Program Track: 10 courses (30 credit hours) in 5 semesters.
- Cohort Model: cultivating professional learning networks.
- Blended Learning: face-to-face meeting on 3 Saturdays of each course followed by online delivery.
- Instructors are Scholar Practitioners: school leaders who are currently doing the leadership work.
Over 70% of CEL program graduates are hired into new jobs in administration and school leadership.
Visit our CEL Admissions Procedures page for application directions for the Masters in Educational Administration Cohort Track Program.
The Masters in Educational Administration Cohort Track Program currently begins new cohorts each semester across Northeast Ohio in the following locations:
- Fall Semesters
- Downtown Cleveland at CSU's Main Campus
- Spring Semesters at the Educational Service Center (ESC) of Northeast Ohio in Independence.
Cohorts can be established in any school district or region and be customized to its needs and culture.
To qualify, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum G.P.A: 3.0
- Two years of teaching experience under a valid teaching license, OR
- Two years successful work experience in a school under a pupil service license, which would include individuals working as school counselors, psychologists, nurses, audiologists, social workers, speech-language pathologists, and orientation and mobility specialists
Option 1: Fall Start
|Fall A||ADM 614||Administration Principles and Practices|
|Fall A||EDB 601||Educational Research|
|Spring A||ADM 613||School Law|
|Spring A||ADM 615||Instructional Leadership & Pupil Personnel Administration|
|Summer||ADM 642||Human Resources & Community Engagement|
|Summer||ADM 643||School Finance & Facilities Management|
|Fall A||ADM 681||Administration Practicum I School Principal|
|Fall A||ADM 674||Special Education Law|
|Spring B||ADM 682||Administration Practicum II School Principal|
|Spring B||ADM 676||Clinical Supervision & Professional Development|
Option 2: Spring Start
|Spring A||ADM 614||Administration Principles and Practices|
|Spring A||EDB 601||Educational Research|
|Summer A||ADM 613||School Law|
|Summer A||ADM 615||Instructional Leadership & Pupil Personnel Administration|
|Fall||ADM 642||Human Resources & Community Engagement|
|Fall||ADM 643||School Finance & Facilities Management|
|Spring B||ADM 681||Administration Practicum I School Principal|
|Spring B||ADM 674||Special Education Law|
|Summer B||ADM 682||Administration Practicum II School Principal|
|Summer B||ADM 676||Clinical Supervision & Professional Development|