Requirements for Admission to Teacher Licensure programs (MUST, Chinese Language, Special Education, and Early Childhood):
1.) $40.00 Application Fee
2.) One copy of transcripts from all institutions where you obtained a 4 year degree or higher. If your degree was from CSU, the Admissions Office will obtain your CSU transcript for you.
3.) 3.0 or higher undergraduate cumulative GPA
4.) B- or better in a college level English course
· Chinese language students are required to satisfy the program’s TOEFL admission requirement in lieu of this requirement
5.) B- or better in a college level Math course
6.) Standardized test score within the past six years on the ACT (20 each on math, reading, and English sections), SAT (math 510, reading 500, writing 490), Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (math 150, reading 156, writing 162), GRE (math 152, reading 151, writing 3.5) or MAT (50th percentile rank for total group).
7.) BCI/FBI background check
Requirements for admission to all other CEHS programs:
- $40.00 Application Fee.
- One copy of transcripts from all institutions where you obtained a 4 year degree or higher. If your degree was from CSU, the Admissions Office will obtain your CSU transcript for you.
- One of the following:
- An undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or higher for a degree earned in the past 6 years.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or higher for a degree earned more than 6 years ago.
- A score of at the 50th percentile on the Miller Analogies Test, or a combined raw score of 1000 on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of Graduate Record
- Completion of twelve (12) semester hours of graduate credit in your program area (including EDB 601 or HPR 601) with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above and a grade of B- or better in EDB 601 or HPR 601. (To satisfy this requirement, apply for admission as a Graduate Non-Degree student.)
- If applying to a Counseling Program:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A score report for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). GRE & MAT information is available at the CSU Testing Center.
- GRE & MAT test requirement are waived if the applicant already earned a Master’s degree.
- International students must provide proof of having met at least one of the following English language proficiency requirements.
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better.
- Meet the current score requirements on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - 550 (Paper Based Exam), or 78 Internet Based Exam (with minimum of 17 in sections). Only official test scores received directly from the testing authority (ETS) will be considered valid.
- Pass the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.0 and at least 5.0 in each section.
- Pass the iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency) with a score of 3.8
- Completion of English language studies (Level 112) from any of the ELS Language Centers (www.els.com).
- Graduate from a secondary school or accredited college/university in the US or from one of the TOEFL exempted countries.
Apply for admission:
Apply at the CSU Admissions Website