OUR SIGNATURE EVENTS
“Don't sweat the small stuff” is sage advice for handling many situations in life. But you can safely toss that adage out the window when it comes time to writing or updating your resume. That's because every single word counts. Meet with area employers to receive critical feedback on your resume and “elevator pitch.” You must bring a digital copy of your resume. Advance registration required.
- February 12, 2021 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- March 12, 2021 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Mock Interview Day
Do you know how to introduce yourself beyond your major? Do you know how to talk about your strengths and answer challenging, behavior-based questions? Cleveland State's Mock Interview Day allows you to receive real-life interview experience in a safe, practice setting with top area employers! Advance sign-up required (Sign up sheet will be available in Jan. 2021).
- February 26, 2021 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- March 26, 2021 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
This series features a panel of employers who will conduct a two-way conversation with students on a variety of topics. Students are encouraged to bring any questions they have about the world of work—nothing is off limits (we’re not joking)! Employers will be prepared to tell their stories and share advice. After the panel, employers will be given a Zoom break-out room to conduct quick-hitting appointments with students. This time can be used for Q&As, advice, etc. based on student and employer needs. Advance registration required.
- February 18, 2021 at 11:30 AM: Diversity and inclusion
- March 18, 2021 at 11:30 AM: Articulating your transferable skills
- April 8, 2021 at 11:30 AM: How to be successful in your first job or internship