Hire A Vike is our internal job board which hosts internships, co-ops, student employment opportunities and permanent positions with top employers. Update your profile, upload your resume and cover letter, search for internships and jobs that align with your studies—and apply! BE DISCERNING when looking at internship and job opportunities. Note reliability ratings, and think critically about whether the opportunity allows you to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom.
ATTN: HIRE A VIKE 2.0
We are thrilled to introduce a new and updated version of Hire A Vike. Here's what's exciting about it:
- It connects students with employers from all over the country
- It hosts 3x more job postings than our previous software platform
- Its clean and easy-to-use interface
Your Hire A Vike profile will look different. Go to https://app.joinhandshake.com/login and select Cleveland State University; then log in using your CSU ID and password. See photos below for specific instructions:
As with any implementation of a new software, we will likely experience some bumps along the way. Please be patient with us as we navigate this transition over the next few weeks.
Beware of fraudulent job postings
We strive to keep fraudulent job postings off Hire A Vike as each employer and position is reviewed by our team. CSU exercises due diligence to root out false advertisements/scams but students must also use their best judgment. Students should NEVER pay any money or fees to apply for or obtain a job.
If you have encountered a fraudulent posting on Hire A Vike, please contact Career Services AS SOON AS POSSIBLE at email@example.com so we can research the group and remove the employer from the system.
Avoiding a job posting scam
- Do not give your personal bank account, PayPal account or credit card information to a new employer.
- Do not agree to have funds or paychecks directly deposited by a new employer into any of your accounts.
- Do not forward, wire, transfer or send by courier (i.e. FedEx, UPS) any money to any employer, for any reason, using your personal account(s).
- In general, applicants do not pay a fee to obtain a job (when in doubt, consult with Career Services first).
Cleveland State University Career Services lists opportunities which it feels will be of interest to students and alumni. We cannot guarantee the reliability or character of the listing from an employer. We cannot be responsible for potential disputes or contractual difficulties with contacts listed by the office. We strongly advise applicants to research and screen potential employers carefully.
For a complete list of our job and career resources, please click here.