FACULTY + CAREER SERVICES = A GREAT PARTNERSHIP!
Please send students to Career Services if they are:
- Exploring interests and potential careers
- Wondering what they can do with their major
- Interested in applying for internships and jobs
- In need of developing interpersonal skills
- Struggling to describe their strengths and skills
Here are additional ways to assist students...
ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR CAREER COACHING
Career coaching is free for current undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni of Cleveland State University. It isavailable in two formats: "walk-in hours" with a Peer Advisor, or an in-depth, scheduled appointment with a professional Career Services staff member.
Career coaching provides help with a wide range of items from career exploration to planning for a job search. We can advise on action steps, and its also a source of resources, tactics and strategies.
Don’t Cancel That Class!
Things come up…..We get that! Rather than cancel a class, call or email us (preferably one week in advance) and request a presentation on any of the topics listed below. We are happy to share knowledge on a wide variety of career-related topics:
- Career planning process
- General job/internship search including major-specific resources
- Resume and cover letters
- Networking and The Informational Interview
- Leveraging LinkedIn
- Internship etiquette
- The art of interviewing
- Are you a “fit” or a “misfit”: navigating organizations and their cultures
- Get your mind right: The difference between growth and fixed mindsets
- Professional presence: What it is and how to master yours
- How to be successful in your first job or internship
- Branding yourself
- Articulating and leveraging your transferable skills
Encourage Students to use Hire A Vike
This software hosts internships, jobs, co-ops and on-campus student employment. It is important for students to update their accounts and upload a resume in order to stay up-to-date on relevant career events and opportunities.
DOWNLOAD our Faculty Tool Kit
Our Faculty Tool Kit includes the various ways faculty can partner with Career Services and integrate professional development tools into their syllabi, NACE's career readiness competencies and our student map (which details how to support students through each phase of their professional development process).
SUGGEST STUDENTS ATTEND OUR SPECIAL EVENTS
To learn more about our Fall 2021 events, download our one-pager.
Career Services Liaisons AND THEIR Respective Colleges
|Career Services Staff||Liaison|
|Graduate Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences and Alumni Relations|
|Business and Education|
|Business, Engineering, Nursing and Law|
|Urban Affairs and College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences|
|College of Science & Health Professions|