“The first words that come to mind in describing my experience working with CSU students and alumni would be purposeful and persistent. Their goal-oriented work ethic and commitment to their professional endeavors are truly admirable and a great asset to our work.”
- Courtney Robinson, Community Impact Manager, United Way of Greater Cleveland
"I appreciate how prepared CSU students are on Resume Rx days. They ask great questions, take notes and engage in meaningful dialogue."
- Fermin Gomez, IT Manager, Progressive Insurance
"It’s a pleasure to partner with Cleveland State University. The CSU career service team makes the effort to understand our business and our recruiting needs. The CSU students we connect with are mature, vibrant, and ready to apply their skills while never letting go of the educational spirit.”
- Andrew Farver, Recruiter, Westfield Insurance
“I have had the opportunity to hire a number of Cleveland State students, as well as assist in their professional development process. The work ethic that has been instilled in these students always exceeds our firm’s expectations. They are engaged and consistently making an effort to improve themselves—not only professionally, but on a personal level as well.”
- Brittany Korth, Director of Campus Recruitment, Northwestern Mutual, CSU Alumna
"I've seen many CSU students excel due to their ability to pair strong technical skills with interpersonal skills like communication and collaboration."
- Susan Denton, Sr. Corporate Recruiter, Medical Mutual
POST JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS ON HIRE A VIKE!
We are excited to announce we are now using a new, employer-friendly platform as the backend function for Hire A Vike. It now hosts 3x more job postings than our previous software platform and boasts a clean, easy-to-use interface.
"Beyond impressed with the new university recruiting platform. Since creating and updating our account 3 weeks ago, we have had more than 90 fully-qualified applicants for our full-time and internship opportunity. I encourage all career services professionals to look into the new platform. Mutually beneficial for students and employers!"
- Tim Krenz, University Program Manager, National Instruments
Hire A Vike is a career management system which hosts internships, co-ops, student employment, and permanent positions. Enter your job and internship listings for free on Hire A Vike.
To post in Hire A Vike, please meet the following requirements:
- Position must be aligned with an academic program
- Position must require students to be working towards a four-year degree
- Marijuana and Cannabis Industry: Cleveland State University Career Services will not accept companies or positions involved with the use, production, testing, or distribution of recreational or medical marijuana. As the use of marijuana is illegal at the federal level and CSU receives federal funds, we must comply with federal law.
To view more of our requirements, visit our Requirements and Responsibilities page.
DOWNLOAD OUR INTERNSHIP TOOLKIT
Our Internship Toolkit is a practical tool for preparing students for the world of work. It includes a sample internship description, NACE's career readiness competencies, a supervisor's guide for overseeing an internship, internship work plan, internship midterm and final evaluation, tips for providing feedback and best practices for internship programs.