Our Career Services staff understands that your career needs as a graduate student are individual and unique. We’re excited to empower you, no matter where you are in your professional development.
Graduate students can take full advantage of all Career Services events, programs and resources.
Contact us using the Live Chat function on Viking Resources any time during our regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm) for a Peer Advisor to review your resume, help you update your Hire A Vike account and look for internships and jobs!
Or, visit us during Walk-In Wednesdays every Wednesday from 8 am to 5 pm for a five-minute check in appointment and next steps.
Log in to Hire A Vike or email Career Services to make an appointment with one of our professional staff members for professional presence coaching and assistance with career planning and management.
We offer appointments Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays from 8 am to 5 pm.
Learn more about our events, which return Fall 2021, by visiting our landing page.
- Hire A Vike: Search for internships and jobs that align with your studies.
- Elevator Pitch: Learn how to introduce yourself in a succinct and meaningful way that will help you capture an employer or professional prospect's attention.
- Networking: Our Viking Resources content library hosts a wide variety of tips for those interesting in improving their networking skills.
- Vault: Rankings and Reviews of Best Companies to intern and work for.
- Graduate Career Consortium: A national organization comprised of professionals at research universities and medical schools in the U.S. and Canada, serving Ph.D. students and post-doctoral scholars.
- Versatile Ph.D.: A resource for graduate students interested in exploring non-academic career options.
- Find A Post Doc: Job board dedicated to new and recently qualified PhDs.
- ImaginePhD: A free, online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
For more job and career resources, click here.