CAREER SERVICES VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS:
In support of minimizing the spread of COVID-19, Cleveland State University’s physical campus is closed. However, classes are online and services are still available to students. Here is how you can interact with Career Services and receive guidance and support in your career development and job search:
- We are offering phone appointments and career coaching via email between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday. You may request a Zoom video conference appointment with a career specialist, if you prefer. Please contact the appropriate staff member (listed at the bottom of this page) based on your major's college.
- Members of our office are following proper hygiene etiquette expressed by CDC. We encourage you to do the same!
- Please remember to wash your hands often with soap and water, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, avoid close contact, clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK!
- The Social Impact Career Fair (March 26), co-sponsored by the School of Social Work, has been cancelled.
- Resume Rx (March 20) and Mock Interview Day (March 27) have been cancelled.
- If you have any questions about your on-campus job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to check this site, as we will continue to update it with any new information.
Last updated 3/17/2020
You’ve taken dozens of selfies, but do you know yourself?
The staff of Career Services is passionate about empowering you as you develop and recognize your strengths and the unique talent you bring to the workplace. We'll work with you to prepare you for the world of work--and we'll help you understand the power of your own story and how to leverage your networks.
It goes like this: wherever you are in your professional development, come in and see us.
SPRING 2020 HOURS
Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Come in any time for a Peer Advisor to review your resume, help you update your Hire A Vike account and look for internships and jobs!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
*Log in to Hire A Vike or call or email Career Services to make an appointment with one of our professional staff members for career coaching and assistance with career planning and management.
Call us at (216) 687-2233 or email email@example.com any time to make an appointment.
Wednesday and Thursday from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
The initial appointment is a 15-minute phone call. Please send resume and reason for the appointment 24-hours ahead of time
*Call or Email ONLY to schedule Alumni Appointments*
Every Wednesday, 8 am - 5 pm
*A five minute check-in and next steps
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
Log into your Hire A Vike account
216 687 2233
Take it from your fellow students...
Visit Career Services!
"I am so glad that I was referred to Career Services... Without your help, I would not have come across the career that I am interested in now. I am so relieved to have found a profession that aligns with my interests, skills, and values. Thank you for not only helping me to decide on a college major/future career, but also for giving me advice related to job interviews, shadowing, and networking. I will definitely continue to use Career Services as a resource in the future! I am fortunate to attend a school with advisors who are well-equipped and genuinely eager to help me succeed."
- Mary M.
"I regret not utilizing Career Services sooner. I figured since my career path is not common and interview questions are very specific to exotic animal husbandry and behavior that it would not be helpful. However, not only did I feel much more prepared after my mock interview, my answers were very polished and it improved the way I sounded in my real interview. In addition, my mock interviewer gave me tips and tricks that I would never have known that I feel benefited me in my interview process. I encourage other students to give it a try - it can only help!"
- Megan D.
"I wanted to thank you for passing along the internship opportunity to me yesterday at the Career Conversations event. I went in expecting just an interview, and a little over 2 hours later I left with a starting date and a set follow up for the official offer. I feel like so many people don’t take advantage of career services like they should!"
- Kenneth D.