CAREER SERVICES VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS:
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, Cleveland State University's Career Services physical office is closed.
Here is how you can interact with Career Services and receive guidance in your career development and job search at this time:
- Career Coaching is available between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Contact Career Specialists who liaison to your college or major via email to set up an appointment and/or request a Zoom video conference appointment.
- Follow us on social media for useful and timely articles, a Pro Tip of the Week, Peer Advisor highlights and other information. Check us out on: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- We are always adding content to Viking Resources, our online "library" of career development tools and resources, available 24/7.
- NEW! Our Viking Resources Live Chat is available Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm, where you can ask our staff and Peer Advisors any questions you have and receive personalized assistance.
- Log into Hire A Vike, our online job board, with your CSU ID and password. Yes! Employers are still hiring.
- If you have any questions about your on-campus job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Continue to check this website for up to date information about how to contact us and to access our general resources.
- NEW! Visit our landing page for helpful, relevant resources to assist you in your job search RIGHT NOW.
Please reach out to us—we want to hear how you are doing and how we can be of help to you during this transition!
Take good care, and stay healthy!
Last updated 8/5/2020
You’ve taken dozens of selfies, but do you know yourself?
The staff of Career Services is passionate about empowering you as you develop and recognize your strengths and the unique talent you bring to the workplace. We'll work with you to prepare you for the world of work--and we'll help you understand the power of your own story and how to leverage your networks.
It goes like this: wherever you are in your professional development, come in and see us.
FALL 2020 HOURS
Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Contact us anytime to have a Peer Advisor to review your resume, help you update your Hire A Vike account and look for internships and jobs!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
*Log in to Hire A Vike or email Career Services to make an appointment with one of our professional staff members for career coaching and assistance with career planning and management.
Email email@example.com any time to make an appointment.
Wednesday and Thursday from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
The initial appointment is a 15-minute phone call. Please send resume and reason for the appointment 24-hours ahead of time
*Email ONLY to schedule Alumni Appointments*
NEW EXTENDED HOURS! Every Wednesday, 9 AM to 5 PM over Zoom
Attend by registering here.
*A five minute check-in and next steps
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
Log into your Hire A Vike account and schedule yourself
OR CONTACT US:
Take it from your fellow students...
Visit Career Services!
"I am so glad that I was referred to Career Services... Without your help, I would not have come across the career that I am interested in now. I am so relieved to have found a profession that aligns with my interests, skills, and values. Thank you for not only helping me to decide on a college major/future career, but also for giving me advice related to job interviews, shadowing, and networking. I will definitely continue to use Career Services as a resource in the future! I am fortunate to attend a school with advisors who are well-equipped and genuinely eager to help me succeed."
- Mary M.
"I regret not utilizing Career Services sooner. I figured since my career path is not common and interview questions are very specific to exotic animal husbandry and behavior that it would not be helpful. However, not only did I feel much more prepared after my mock interview, my answers were very polished and it improved the way I sounded in my real interview. In addition, my mock interviewer gave me tips and tricks that I would never have known that I feel benefited me in my interview process. I encourage other students to give it a try - it can only help!"
- Megan D.
"I wanted to thank you for passing along the internship opportunity to me yesterday at the Career Conversations event. I went in expecting just an interview, and a little over 2 hours later I left with a starting date and a set follow up for the official offer. I feel like so many people don’t take advantage of career services like they should!"
- Kenneth D.