Below is a list of forms, information, and documents which are commonly used by student organizations. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
The RSO manual contains all RSO policies and procedures, as well as information regarding each officer position and advisor responsibilities. Click here to download the RSO Manual.
Training Session Powerpoints
- RSO Officer Training PowerPoint
- RSO Treasurer Training PowerPoint
- RSO Advisor Orientation PowerPoint
- Advisor Orientation
- RSO Officer Training w/quiz
- RSO Treasurer Training w/quiz
- How to Submit an Expenditure Request in VikesConnect
- How To Submit A Funding Request in VikesConnect
- How to Submit an Event Request in VikesConnect
RSO Officer resources for using vikesconnect
A collection of videos and written guides from Presence to help RSO officers become familiar with VkesConnect! You must be logged in to VikesConnect and have admin privileges to view the videos. Click here to view resources.
Student Government Funding Guide
For organizations who can request additional funding from SGA (excludes Law School and Sport Club organizations). This quick guide provides the dates of SGA funding hearings, eligibility guidelines and ineligible expenditures. Click here to download the guide.
food related forms
Below are forms used in ordering food to be served on campus during a student organization event/meeting/gathering/etc. Be aware of the restrictions on food purchased and consumed on campus.
- Up to $300: No restrictions
- $301 - $749: Viking Food Co. Catering or Rascal House Pizza
- $750 and above: Viking Food Co. Catering
Anything above $300 requires a waiver. The only exceptions is Rascal house, up to $750. A $750 or more Rascal House order requires a waiver.
- Viking Food Co. Food Service Policies - Refer to these policies for food served on campus during events.
- Viking Food Co. Catering Menu - To place food order with university caterers
- Catering Waiver Request - For use when ordering food from a non-approved off-campus food vendor.
- Rascal House Order Form - For use when ordering food from Rascal House. Limit is $749
- Rascal House Catering & Price Guide - For ordering food from Rascal House. Limit is $749
eVENT cOSTS & Related information
Holding events on campus takes careful planning. Make sure you understand that your organization may incur additional university charges depending on the nature of your event. Links below relate to potential charges:
- Conference Services Calendar - Make sure to check room availability here before reserving your space.
- Event Classifications - This will tell you how far in advance Conference Services needs to know about your event.
- Room Set Up Fees - If you need a room set up a certain way, your organization may be charged a fee.
- Equipment Fees - If you need additional equipment or use the current equipment in a room.
- Police Charges - CSU police may assign an officer to your event, particularly Class 1 events. Security charge for ONE officer is $55 per hour, with a minimum charge of four (4) hours for $220. It is up to the discretion of the University Police Department to determine the number of officers assigned to your event.
- Housekeeping Charges - Events after 2:00 PM or weekends be aware that CSU Facilities department may charge your organization a $33 per hour clean-up fee if needed.
- Facilities Change/Cancellation Form - If your organization needs to change date/time/location or cancel your event, you must submit this form to Conference Services first before editing an approved event in VikesConnect.
- Liability Waiver - For use when hosting events that require waiver.
- Green Event Guide - Do you plan events on campus? Would you like to learn how to reduce waste at your events? Then this guide is for you!
Depending on the type of service rendered, organizations will use these forms which require a signed agreement between the university and vendor. Contracts should be signed by vendor at least 3 weeks in advance of the performance. A check cannot be given to the performer immediately following the event. The vendor will submit an invoice to the organization for payment. Contact budget officer at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- CSU Special Event Agreement - If a student organization is hiring any type of "non-performance" service such as a photographer, photo booth, games, caricature/henna artist, inflatables, etc). A completed and signed copy of this form must be submitted to the budget officer in an expenditure request.
- CSU Performance Agreement - Used for a student organization who is hiring any type of "performance" service such as a DJ, music band, speaker, instructor, etc. A completed and signed CSU Performance Agreement is needed.
- Off-Campus Agreement - Link to CSU General Counsel office regarding contracting at CSU. If an organization is planning to hold an event off campus where an agreement or contract is provided by a vendor, their contract for must by submitted to CSU General Council to review. An example might be renting a space for an event, golf outing, or any other type of event where the provider has their own agreement/contract. Contact the budget officer at email@example.com for assistance.
- Approved university vendors list - Organizations must use one of the three listed vendors by contacting one to receive a quote for items wanted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the approved vendors do not offer a product/price you need, and you have another vendor you would like to use, you must supply written documentation from all 3 approved vendors stating they do not have the items you need OR are more expensive than the vendor you want to use (you can use a quote for price as proof items are more expensive).
Student Organization Travel
- Travel Request Form - For organizations wishing to send members on a trip to a conference, convention, competition, presentation, etc. Requests must be submitted NO LATER than 45 days prior to departure.
- Emergency Contact Form - All members who are traveling must have their information on this form. Advisor must sign completed form before submitting a travel request form.
- CSU Van Rental Program - The Department of Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) has implemented a rental van program to service the CSU community. Departments, student organizations, and sports clubs will benefit from the convenience of working with PTS receiving personalized attention, responsive customer service and an on-campus pick up and drop-off location.
other Student Organization Finance Forms
- ShopNet - RSOs are not permitted to use third party online payment collection such as Venmo, PayPayl, Square, etc. Instead, organizations must use ShopNet if accepting credit or debit card payments. ShopNet is an online payment tool that accepts credit card payments for various CSU services via the ShopNet website. A request form has to be submitted to set up a ShopNet page.
- Request for Sales Tax Exemption - For use when needing to purchase items at a store. CSU does not reimburse for state of Ohio sales tax, therefore student organizations needing to purchase items and be reimbursed must have a sales exemption form for each store. Take completed form to store's customer service so sales tax is not charge.
- Printing/Duplicating Quote Request - Use when organization wishes to use university duplicating department for flyers, posters, hot cards, etc. Submitting this form will notify university printing/duplicating services. This office will send back a quote for the work. If you are satisfied with the quote, you will submit the quote as an expenditure request to begin the printing.
RSO Fundraising Ideas
Student organizations are encouraged to engage in fundraising activities to support their organizational objectives. Student organizations planning to engage in fundraising activities (other than membership dues) should have the plans cleared with the Center for Campus Engagement prior to any purchases or fundraising activity. Refer to the RSO Manual for details.
- 30 Unique Fundraiser Ideas - With these creative fundraising ideas categorized from low to high effort levels, you’ll save your group time and look like a genius!
- Group Raise - Organize a restaurant fundraiser for your group. 5 minutes is all it takes!
- Cleveland Browns Food Vending - Nonprofit Groups are paid a guaranteed base rate or percentage of their sales.
- Cleveland Guardians Food Vending - Your organization will supply the manpower and Delaware North Sportservice will provide the tools needed to be successful – training, uniforms, supplies, and an outstanding supervisory staff to assist.
- Fundraising with Chocolate Bars - Malley’s offers a great variety of items at the $1.00 price point to fundraisers.
- Top Fundraising Ideas for College Organizations - Here are some fundraising ideas to help college organizations raise their money.
Other Student Organization Forms
- Constitution Update Form - For student organizations who have updated their constitution and need approval.
- Officer/Advisor Update Form - For use whenever an organization needs to make changes to their officers or advisor in their roster.
Marketing & Promotions
- Student Center Video Screen - For organizations wishing to have an electronic event poster shown on TV screens in the Student Center.
- Viking Newsletter Submission Form - For announcements in the weekly Viking Newsletter