- Assistantships are awarded only to students with superior academic records and who qualify at the time of their enrollment.
- Students must have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00, a graduate grade point average of at least 3.00 (where applicable), to qualify for, and to retain, an assistantship.
- Both full-time and half-time Graduate Assistants must register for a minimum of 9 credit hours at, or above, the 500-level during the contract period for the semesters specified.
- Additional requirements are listed on the College of Business Graduate Assistantship Application and on the College of Graduate Studies website here.
Applying for a position:
- Download the College of Business application here.
- Please submit your application, as well as a cover letter and resume to the Department or Office that is listing the position.
- Some offices may require additional materials.
- All student employees of the University, including Graduate Assistants, are limited to a maximum of 20 work hours of service per week during the semester.
- Graduate Assistants on half-time contracts (10 work hours per week) must, therefore, limit other University employment to 10 hours per week for a total not to exceed 20 hours per week.
- Graduate Assistants on a full-time (20 work hours of service per week) contract may not hold other employment on-campus.
Please download a College of Business Graduate Assistant application here.
If there is not a current opening within a specific department or office and you would like to keep an application on file, please turn in your completed Graduate Assistant application to the Student Services office, located in BU 219.