Policies and Guidelines to File a College of Business Credit Overload Request
Students may download the Permission & Credit Overload Form here. The bottom of this web page also contains a link for downloading the form. Before filing your request form, please review your completed form to ensure its accuracy, and be sure to append any documentation that you wish to submit in support of your request. Forms that are submitted without all necessary and relevant information will be returned as incomplete.
Students must submit a Credit Overload Request Form in order to register for more than 19 credit hours.
- Student intending to take 20+ credit hours and meeting the following conditions are eligible to have their permission form for credit overload reviewed/approved directly by their advisor:
- Sophomore or Junior Standing (between 30and 89 credit hours completed) with a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Senior standing (90 or more credit hours completed) with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students who do not meet the criteria above must also include a typed statement describing the extenuating circumstances which require a credit overload and include any information which demonstrates capability of handling the additional credit hours. Requests will be forwarded to the College of Business Undergraduate Petitions Committee for review (committee meets every three weeks).
- Overload requests will only be entered if above criteria is met and course has open enrollment seats and is not closed at the time of request.
Students will be contacted via telephone or email regarding the results of the Overload Credit Request Form within one business day.
Submit your completed form to the Undergraduate Advising Office, Monte Ahuja College of Business (BU 219) or email to email@example.com