Learn why today, Millenials are choosing the insurance industry.
Date/Time: Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Where: BU 220 - The Board Room
According to www.insurancenoodle.com the Insurance industry is becoming a great choice for Millenials because:
- It is a service-oriented industry that promotes a common good.
- By 2028, 50% of the insurance workforce will retire. This provides excellent career opportunities. More than 26,000 jobs will be needed in Ohio alone by the year 2020.
- Insurance touches nearly every field and involves a variety of difference career paths. Employers are looking for candidates with skills such as: communication, research, technology, analytics, problem-solving, management, organization and much, much more!
- Insurance provides job security. As long as people continue to drive cars, own homes and run businesses, the insurance industry is needed. Employment with an insurance company helps you pay off student loans, build a nest egg for the future or pursue outside interests beyond your working life.
- Work-Life Balance. One of the greatest benefits of the insurance industry is that you can have a career that satisfies your bank account and professional needs with your life outside of the office.
Attend this panel to learn more from Cleveland, Millenial-aged business professionals working in the industry now. Panelists include:
- Kristin Peed, Director of Corporate Risk management at CBIZ, Inc.
- Andrea Starkey, Westfield University Learning Delivery Program Leader at Westfield Insurance
- Khadar Soussou, Professional Associate at Oswald Companies
- Danny Webb, Cleveland State University Alumnus and current EMBA student
- David Willings, Risk Analyst at Risk International
Local insurance companies include:
|Oswald Companies||Progressive||Risk International|
|Wells Fargo||Westfield Insurance||Willis Towers Watson|