At the April 28th, 2015 Accounting Scholarship Banquet, Raymond Turk, CPA was named Alumnus of the Year (BBA 1983). The son of George and Irene Turk, he is one of nine children, seven of which are CSU Accounting graduates. To honor his parents, Ray and his siblings established the George and Irene Turk Endowment at Cleveland State University to help deserving accounting students further their studies and careers.
He began his career at Arthur Anderson & Company where he became a CPA. He developed specialties in state and local taxes and made partner in 1997 leading the Northern Ohio state and local tax practice for the firm. He entered PricewaterhouseCoopers in 2009 when Andersen's business ended. Ray retired from PricewaterhouseCoopers in 2014 and has consulted for Parker Hannifin and other Cleveland area businesses.
The Turk Family Alumni include:
- Mark F. Turk, 1969, former partner Walthall, Drake & Wallace, LLP
- George A. Turk, 1970, former partner Arthur Andersen, LLP
- Michael Turk, 1973, CFO Advance Payroll, LTD
- Ronald F. Turk, 1978, President and CEO, Prime-Line Products
- John Turk, 1981, President, Western Management
- Raymond L. Turk, 1983, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Mary D. Turk, 1989, Assistant Controller, Graphic Packaging International