Independent Study/Special Topics:
A student is allowed to take up to five credit hours towards independent study and special projects under the supervision of a department faculty member. These five hours also include any possible internship credits. If you have not completed your maximum of five credit hours of independent study or special projects, you are eligible to register for one or more independent study courses. You must do the following before you can register for an independent study:
- Find a faculty member who will be willing to be your guide in the independent study project. You and the faculty member should agree on the scope and deliverables for the independent study.
- Write a proposal for the independent study/special project. The proposal must contain the objective of the study, reference material to be used, assignment and activities to be completed, timeline and deliverables. Evaluation criteria must also be spelled out.
- Fill out the COB Independent Study_Form_04292015.docx. Complete the form, and get it approved by the faculty member guiding your project.
- Submit the form to the department office for approval. Do not forget to attach your proposal. Department approvals are usually completed within a day. Once your proposal is approved, your name will be added to the permission list enabling you to register for the course.
- Complete the project and request your guide to send a grade to the department chair.
Download the COB Independent Study_Form_04292015.docx.
For More Information Specific to Marketing, Please Contact the Department of Marketing: