Finding truth in the age of misinformation and propaganda
What is fake news? Can you trust the information you encounter? Are you interested in searching for truth? This short, FREE, 1-hour workshop will explore:
- what misinformation is (both intentional and otherwise)
- how to identify it on social media and in other environments and
- why having accurate information matters.
Open to all Cleveland State University students, faculty and staff, you will leave with some strategies for evaluating the information you encounter so you aren't taken in by misleading, incorrect, or unreliable sources! At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Articulate why seeking out accurate information is important to increase their motivation to counteract cognitive bias.
- Identify the difference between fake news, false news (disinformation), propaganda, and misinformation.
- Develop and implement strategies for making informed decisions about current topics to become a more informed citizen.
|Date:||Wednesday, October 31, 2018|
|Time:||11:30 AM to 12:30 PM|