Jump to navigation
Centers for Outreach & Engagement
Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Small Business Development Center:
- Logged more than 1,030 hours with 308 customers, 70 of which are long-term, returning clients.
- Started 20 new businesses.
- Worked with clients to create 73 new jobs.
- Learn more about the SBDC here.
- Since the inaugural event, 13 companies have been launched.
- In 2016, 4 new companies were formed and the event sold out.
- Planning for the February 2017 event is now underway. Learn more about Startup Vikes here.
- In 2016, the Centers were able to engage additional University resources and marshal efforts to hold the first TEDxClevelandStateUniversity Salon on July 20th, 2016 during the Republican National Convention.
- The October 21st, 2016 event, Reality Shifts featured 13 speakers including Connie Schultz. View the talks here.
Global Business Center
Export Assistance Network:
- The International Trade Assistance Network became the Export Assistance Network. Learn more here.
- Served over 100 companies
- Logged more than 1,000 hours of consulting
- Trained over 500 employees
- GlobalReach program continues to add value to Northeast Ohio businesses looking to export.
- Served 15 companies in a cohort-style program that runs October through June.
- Current cohort is comprised of 8 diverse organizations increasing their global footprint.
- Learn more about GlobalTarget here.
Professional Development Center
- Provided continuing education courses in a number of different disciplines to over 405 students. Learn more about the courses and certificate programs offered here.
- Executed 14 custom, corporate training contracts for organizations in Northeast Ohio
Thought Leadership Initiatives:
Sustainable Business Center
- Corporate Roundtable (#CRTcle) held 8 events.
- Over 305 individuals attended CRTcle events, averaging 38 attendees per event.