One of the longest-running study abroad programs in the College of Business is "CSU in England" or "International Marketing and Business Research in London".
This study abroad experience provides students with hands-on research skills, the opportunity to travel and interaction with many sectors of the British business community. During spring semester, teams of students will be provided a client who is seeking research in England. Prior to departure, the student teams prepare research proposals based on client needs. Students then spend 8 days in England during the break between spring semester and the first summer session conducting research and interviews with British organizations, businesses, agencies and consumers. Students and faculty at BUCKS New University (outside of London) have traditionally hosted the Cleveland State students.
Past clients have included:
- Filter Queen - high performance vacuum cleaner
- Revolar - personal safety device
- Woolino - infant sleep sack made of merino wool
- Dome City - geodesic dome rentals for music festivals
- Biolectrics - dental device to prevent periodontal disease
- Nikola Innovation - high performance bicycle pedal
- Shurtech - focused on Gorilla Glue product
- Vitamix - high performance blender
- Decision Desk - university admissions software
- Park Place Technologies - IT hardware maintenance service
- Mr. Beams - wireless LED lighting fixtures
- Tangent Company - in-home water recycling system