Do you have a quick advising question or concern? We are here to help - Virtual Drop-In Advising is available!
If your advisor is a First Year Advisor (check Starfish for your latest advisor assignment, look for "Advisor (Student Success Specialist)", then Zoom into our virtual waiting room during the designated times listed below. If you have a college or program advisor (i.e. Athletes, Honors, TRIO), touch base with your assigned advising area.
First Year Advising Zoom Drop-In Hours:
- Every Wednesday: 1:00p.m.-4:30p.m.
Click here to connect with us via Zoom: https://csuohio.zoom.us/j/95392396301
First Year Advisors guide incoming students during their transition to Cleveland State University and through their first year. By providing individualized support, First Year Advisors help students build a foundation for academic success and professional development leading towards graduation and future career goals.
First Year Advisors advance the mission by:
- Building connections - developing relationships with students, establishing trust, and connecting them to the campus community and resources
- Engaging students in learning - exploring majors, fostering personal development and growth, clarifying goals, developing an academic plan, and cultivating accountability
- Empowering a growth mindset - promoting self-efficacy and a personal belief in their abilities
- Fostering dignity and respect - honoring and supporting students' diverse needs, values, and experiences
- Promoting advocacy - teaching students tools to self-advocate and helping them navigate barriers