Upcoming Boot Camp Sessions:
- To Be Determined
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO ENROLL FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
- LeanOhio Boot Camp Application Form
- Registration Information - Please see the Scholarships section for information about how you can apply for a scholarship to cover the course fee or use CSU Staff Development funds (if you are a CSU Employee).
- Note: The final step to registration is the processing of applicants through CSU's CampusCE. Please note this is completed by Nina Antonik (email@example.com) and is done internally.
LeanOhio Boot Camp is an intensive week-long training that gets people learning and using Lean methods and tools. The entire program is tailored to the public-sector workplace and public-sector processes. Lean Ohio is practical training aimed at generating results. Participants will be able to use their new knowledge and skills immediately -- to make government simpler, faster, better, and less costly. The training is filled with government examples and exercises. Included is an in-depth simulation involving a prototypical agency, so participants build their toolkits by way of a real-world situation.
When LeanOhio Boot Camp participants complete their week of training, they are newly equipped to:
Scope an improvement project
Be an effective improvement team member
Apply Lean tools and methodologies to make their organization more effective and efficient
Improve the quality and consistency of work products
Decrease the complexity of processes and eliminate unneeded steps
Participants will receive:
LeanOhio Boot Camp Training Manual
Certificate of participation
Access to the Lean Ohio network
This training is useful for people who work in government in an Ohio city, township, county, school district, or other governmental agency or organization.
$2,000 per person. Accepted forms of payment are:
- State of Ohio LGIF Scholarship Award (see below for details), credit card, or check. If you are using a Scholarship, you must forward the Award email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CSU Staff Development Funds (for CSU employees). Please complete the form and send it to 1) CSU Treasury Services and 2) email@example.com. For information on Staff Development Funds please see CSU Human Resources' Forms page.
Scholarships for this training are available through the Local Government Efficiency Program. Participants should have support from their organization's leadership to attend and then to apply Lean concepts and tools in their workplace.
To apply for a scholarship, click here for instructions. You will need to create a user account. Once your user account is created, you will receive an email from Ohio DSA’s Nicole Bent, along with your password and a link to complete the scholarship application. Click here for guidance on how to respond to three questions on the application. Click here for a sample letter of support.
For additional information on this program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those paying by check or credit card, the course fee is nonrefundable, unless a paying replacement is found. There will be a $100.00 processing fee deducted from the refund amount. For those using scholarship vouchers, replacements are only permitted if approved by CSU in advance. Requests must be submitted to email@example.com. Cleveland State University reserves the right to cancel the course and refund the course fee in the event that there are an insufficient number of registrants. Payment or voucher must be received no later than seven days prior to the training.
Questions regarding the program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs offers a wide range of custom designed courses, workshops, and seminars. See the Professional Development Course Listing for this semester's schedule.