Undergraduate Admissions

Enrolling at Cleveland State

Transfer Applicants

Transfer applicants must earn at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average (GPA) at all previous colleges and universities combined in order to be admitted to Cleveland State University as a degree-seeking student.

A complete transfer application includes the following materials:

  1. A completed Cleveland State application (online or paper).
  2. An official copy of the applicant's grade transcript sent directly from all regionally accredited colleges or universities attended.
    • Note that applicants who have earned fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit must also send an official high school transcript directly from the high school. Applicants who graduated fewer than five years prior to their application date must also submit official ACT or SAT scores. This information will be considered in the admission process.
    • Students currently enrolled in another college or university at the time of their application may be admitted conditionally to Cleveland State based on their previous academic performance pending receipt of their final official transcript.
    • Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from a previous college/university because of financial or other obligations may not be considered for transfer to Cleveland State. Failure to list attendance at a college or university on the admissions application may be grounds for admission revocation or dismissal from the university.
  3. A one-time, $30 undergraduate application processing fee.
  4. Undergraduate Admissions also recommends that transfer applicants send an official copy of their high school transcript in order to provide documentation of meeting Cleveland State’s foreign language requirement.

Each of our academic colleges has specific admissions guidelines for direct entrance into the colleges. Students not meeting these requirements may be considered for pre-admission into one of our academic colleges. In some circumstances, students may be admitted into University Studies.

Further Transfer Information | Return to top