Global Business (Certificate)
The Undergraduate Certificate in Global Business is designed to prepare business professionals to conduct business in a complex and fast-changing global environment. The certificate program enables undergraduate business students and those already holding an undergraduate business degree to manage complex problems in international trade and management.
This program is administered through the Department of Marketing.
Admission to the Global Business Certificate program is open to the following:
- Current undergraduate students in good academic standing.
- Individuals with a bachelor's degree.
Submission of official transcripts will be required to determine if any prerequisite courses are needed.
Students who are admitted to the certificate program should have completed INB 301 International Business or an equivalent course in International Business. The certificate program consists of four courses (three required and one elective) for a minimum of 14 credit hours. A minimum of B- grade is required to complete the certificate program.
Curriculum and Credits:
- MKT 461 Global Marketing Strategy (4)
- MLR 487 International Management (3)
- FIN 465 International Finance (4)
- One elective course—select from the following list:
- IST 461 E-Business (3)
- ACT 460 International Accounting (3)
- OSM 425 International Operations Management (3)
- INB 490 International Business Internship (3)
- INB 491 International Study Tour (3)
- INB 492 International Study Abroad (3)
- INB 493 Special topics (e.g., Export/Import Documentation/Procedures)
- MKT 440 Marketing Field Experience Abroad (3)
Many of these courses have pre-requisites, for which the permission of the program director is required.
For further information, contact the Department of Marketing, 216-687-4771.