Business Biotechnology (Certificate)
The biotechnology industry has been identified as one of the fastest growing industries in northeastern Ohio. This industry growth demands a trained workforce with a unique skills set.
The specific skills identified as being required by these employers include basic engineering, quality control, laboratory, biochemistry and computer skills.
The certificate program targets students who are working towards or already have a bachelor's degree and want to add coursework that will enable them to focus on the biotechnology field.
The certificate also targets current employees who are retooling to be more competitive, or want to add credentials to their career portfolio.
The certificate program requires 19-20 semester hours:
- ESC 120 Introduction to Engineering Design
- OSM 445 Quality Control and Management (prerequisite: OSM 201 Business Statistics I)
- MKT 450 Professional Selling and Sales Management
- OSM 413 Production Planning and Control or OSM 412 Supply Chain Modeling (prerequisite: OSM 311 Introduction to Operations Management) .
- IME 465 Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- BIO 308/309 Cell Biology and Laboratory (prerequisite: BIO 306 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)