TRIO/Student Support Services Program
Student Support Services (SSS) is one of eight TRIO programs and is a federally funded program that provides opportunities for academic development, assistance with basic college requirements and the motivation and support needed to complete a college degree!
Program Description: Through a grant competition, funds are awarded to institutions of higher education to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. Student Support Services (SSS) projects also may provide grant aid to current SSS participants who are receiving Federal Pell Grants. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants.
For more information, please log on here.
- FIRST GENERATION COLLEGE STUDENT: Neither parent nor guardian received a bachelor's degree; and/or
- Low-income based on federal income guidelines
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Cleveland State University
- U.S. citizen and/or legal permanent resident
- Demonstrated academic need as determined by TRIO/SSS