- Some Technical Schools will use the exam as an academic placement guideline for candidates who are interested in attending and did not receive a high school diploma.
- Passing the ATB is not equivalent to obtaining a GED or high school diploma.
- Test structure = 1 – 45 question math test and 1 – 50 question grammar test, you will have 20 minutes per test to answer as many of the questions as you can.
- Scores will be faxed to the school you applied to within 24 hours of testing.
- No scores are given over the telephone, you should contact your school (24 hours after testing for further instructions.
- An appointment is required in order to take the test. Download and submit the Registration Form and a non-refundable, non-transferrable $30.00 test fee, cash, check or money order, payable to Cleveland State University. The Testing Center will contact you to schedule an appointment once the registration material has been received.
Download and complete the registration form. Return the form along with a non-refundable/non-transferable $30.00 test fee, if by mail, check or money order payable to Cleveland State University or in person, cash, check or money order to the following address:
Cleveland State University
2124 Chester Ave.
Rhodes West #215
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Once your registration material is received our office will contact you to schedule an appointment to take the test. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. You can contact our office at (216) 687-2272 if you have any concerns or questions.
On the day of testing you must have a valid photo ID and your receipt. Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled testing time. Late candidates will not be tested & will forfeit their testing fee.
Please note if this is your second time testing (within 60 days of previous testing) the retest is free. In the event you must take the test a 3rd time you must wait 6 months from the previous test date and pay the $30.00 test fee.