Attending Cleveland State University is not only about going to college, it is also about living in or near Cleveland. Northeast Ohio offers a relatively low cost of living, available and affordable housing, excellent recreation opportunities, world class cultural organizations and first rate restaurants and it is easily accessible by air and auto. We will let Cleveland speak for itself through the links that follow, but the over 450 veterans attending Cleveland State University are not wrong – this is a great place in which to study as well as to live. The Cleveland links here will help you learn more about Cleveland.
- http://www.cleveland.com What do you want to know about Cleveland? This site has it all and is user friendly. The home page carries current news and features from the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the region’s primary daily newspaper. It also provides quick access to professional sports teams, housing, jobs, and a wealth of other information.
- http://www.positivelycleveland.com What are your interests? The outdoors, arts, sports, culture, family activities? Whatever your interest, you can find events and places that will appeal to you.
- http://realestate.cleveland.com Should you choose not to live on campus and plan to rent or want to own a house, this site provides a wealth of well organized information on regional housing.
- http://www.greatschools.org This site can be used to learn about communities and their schools. Information includes school details and how well they are rated using a state-wide rating system, community demographics including median home prices, and the ability to compare easily any community or its schools to other communities in Ohio. It is especially useful for veterans with families.
- http://www.clemetparks.com One of Cleveland’s gems is Cleveland Metroparks, better known as the Emerald Necklace. Running, bike riding, boating/kayaking, team sports, nature study, children’s activities, the Zoo or just hanging out – this is a first rate park system.
- http://www.nps.gov/cuva Cleveland is the only major city to have a national park within miles of its downtown. In addition to the usual features of a national park, it has its own railroad system, the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. This is an excellent complement and connection to the Cleveland Metroparks.