Position Now Available!
- Full time CSU student status: Undergrad ≥ 12 credits or Grad/Law ≥ 9 credits
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- At least Sophomore status at the time of assuming the position.
- Must have a valid Ohio Drivers License
- Must be a registered Ohio voter
- Must be currently enrolled in an academic program that will continue at a minimum until May 2019
- Ohio Amended House Bill 24, effective July 26, 1988, provides for appointments of students as non-voting members to the State Universities Boards of Trustees.
- Each year, five candidates will be selected from the CSU student body; from these the Governor’s Office will choose one student to serve a two-year term.
- Department of Student Life opens applications for two weeks to all students and advertise through campus email
- Eligibility is checked on applicants by a staff member of Student Life
- A committee compiled of students reviews the eligible candidate’s applications and ranks the top five.
- The committee presents the top five to Dr. Napier.
- Dr. Napier meets with the top five candidates to discuss the position and submits the list to President Berkman.
- President Berkman sends this list to the Governor’s office.
Week of February 20th: Department of Student Life Directors select student committee.
February 20th- March 10th: Advertising of the application/process will take place in campus mail, via select e-mails from our staff, org sync blasts, and advertisement in student media, social media posts, and any other avenues.
February 24th-March 10h: Application open for two weeks via org sync. The application will be open for students to apply. Application is open till NOON on March 10th . After NOON on the 10th, Student Life designee will check and verify eligibility.
March 10th-17th (spring break) All applications will be reviewed by DSL staff , and grades enrollment will be checked via campus net.
March 20th-24th : The Student committee will meet, picking students to move forward in the process. Once this list is narrowed down, we will forward the list to SGA to be ratified .This will then be forwarded to Dr. Naper.
March 27th-31st: Dr. Naper meets with the candidates, and then forwards the list to the President.
March 31st: Process is completed and the list is in the President's hands for him to forward to the Governor's Office.
DEADLINE: is due by March 10th, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Learn about the CSU Board of Trustees at: