Make a Difference Day has grown nationally into one of the largest annual service days. Each year around the country, people of all ages come together to better their local neighborhoods. <!--Spend some time with HandsOn of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland State University staff, faculty, students, friends and family on Saturday, October 22nd to make a difference in Cleveland.
Can’t make it on Saturday? Join us during the week for service off-campus:
- OPTION 1: Thursday, October 20 from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Clean up of trash removal and graffiti cover up in various neighborhoods with the Detroit Shoreway Community Development Corporation that collaborates with the community to improve the quality of life with physical, economic and social development (Pre-register for specific details).
- OPTION 2: Wednesday, October 19 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Assist with sorting clothing donations for children’s school uniforms with the Kids in Need Resource Center, a national organization that supplies teachers and students with the materials they need to be more academically successful (Pre-register for specific details).
- OPTION 3: National Make a Difference Day Saturday, October 22 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Join us Saturday at 8:00 am at the Student Center 2121 Euclid Ave. Cleveland OH 44115 for breakfast and t-shirts before our service party starts by 9:00 am.
Please download, complete and submit waiver form
For more information contact:
Student Life at 216.687-2048
Projects to benefit the community include but are not limited to:
- Jam the Jeep and Fill the Fleet Food Drive -- bring your canned goods and non-perishable food items for the Cleveland Food Bank! Help collect and sort (Suggestions on what to bring based on high need areas listed below)
- Write cards and letters of support to our military personnel for Operation Gratitude
- Repair toys for children with disabilities for Replay for Kids
- Decorate flower pots for a home that serves the terminally ill, Malachi House
- Assemble kits for transitional veterans and treat bags for kid falloween festivals
Make a Difference and “JAM the JEEP” with these HIGH NEED items for the Cleveland Foodbank
Donating to the Cleveland Foodbank helps provide meals to hungry families in our area.
|Super Six most needed food items:||Super Six most needed household items:|
|Start the holiday season out right with cans of:|
*These items are in high demand in November/December
(All donated items should be nonperishable and sealed in its original packaging) Demonstrate a commitment to give back to the community by providing vital link between food & hunger.
Fill out the registration form below or download a registration form. Registration forms can be turned in to the Department of Student Life, Student Center room 319.
|Make a Difference Day 2011 Registration|
|First Name:||Last Name:|
Are you a member of a student organization?