Our mission is to help you transition from warrior to college student, and we share your goal not only to graduate but to make the most of your collegiate career. Regardless of the branch in which you served, the nature of the service you saw, if you are a reservist or National Guard, if you serve or served this country we are here for you. This includes your dependents, for we believe they serve or have served as well.
Through the links that follow you will find information on:
- Cleveland – a city for school, a city for life
- Why CSU – reasons to attend Cleveland State University
- Program Highlights
- Applying to Cleveland State University – a checklist
- VetSuccess on Campus - GI Bill & VA Education Benefits
- VA and Veteran Service Organizations Services – Health Services in Cleveland
- Veteran Student Success Program – Succeeding & Graduating at Cleveland State University
- Academic Assistance at CSU
- Veterans Upward Bound
- Veterans at CSU
- CSU – A long history of service to veterans – the 53rd College Training Detachment, USAAF
- We Are Viking Vets
- CSU Graduates . . . Veterans
- Focus on Academics at CSU
- Getting your Military Transcript – JST or CCAF transcript
- What about CLEP exams (yes you can)
- (Especially) military friendly majors at CSU
The Veteran Student Support Program is staffed daily by a full time Coordinator and student employees, all of whom are veterans. In addition, a special benefit to veterans attending Cleveland State University is the stationing of a VA VetSuccess on Campus Counselor on this campus. Co-located and working with the VSSP, the VA Counselor can deal with all benefits questions and issues right on campus. Cleveland also has a wealth of VA facilities including a hospital, two Vet Centers and several Community Based Outreach Centers. All VA connected needs can be addressed within a short distance of the University.
As you embark on your next mission, Cleveland State will provide you with a great education and all the support you need to be successful in that mission – you. If you are planning to attend college, contact us. This website will introduce you to Cleveland State University and our program including VA assistance and Cleveland itself. Whether you are interested in attending Cleveland State University or are already a student here, you will find information of use in these web pages.
Cleveland State University is proud to have been designated a “Military Friendly School” six years running. It is also home to a chapter of the Student Veterans of America (SVA) and we support Operation Military Kids.