(Student Center 319)
Welcome to CSU Student Life! The Department of Student Life strives to provide a variety of quality services and programs to enhance the university experience and complements Cleveland State University's academic mission. A highly trained staff of professionals is available to support students from their first day on campus to the completion of their academic goals. Services include leadership training, support of recognized university student organizations, judicial affairs, campus activities, and many other programs and services that support the successful matriculation of all students. Our door is open for your issues, concerns and ideas! Visit us in our new office in the Student Center third floor.
Learn more about all our services and engagement opportunities at our Student Life website:
- Student Activities
- The City is our Campus Discount Ticket Program
- Student Organizations
- Greek Life
- Leadership & Service
- City Club Lectures
- Faculty Friends
- Judicial Affairs
- Multi-Faith Communities at CSU
- Locker Rental
- Commuter Student Services
Dean of Students
(Student Center 319)
The Dean of Students role is to:
- Advocate for the needs and concerns of Cleveland State students to administrative, academic and service offices
- Enhance students’ college experience by providing student engagement and personal development opportunities
- Oversee and create campus tradition, campus community, spirit-building events and diverse leadership, involvement and service programs
- Mediate issues that can not be resolved in their initial stages
- Partner cooperatively with academic departments to ensure a seamless relationship between academic and student affairs
- Faculty Friends – Encouraging quality interaction between students and faculty
- City Club of Cleveland Lectures – Allowing students the opportunity to experience renowned speakers and lecturers side by side with community and business leaders
- New Student Convocation – The ceremonial beginning to your CSU journey
- Viking Planner – Your academic calendar and planner filled with important info. Pick up your free planner at any of the WOW Welcome Tables at the start of fall semester or in SC 319 Student Life offices.
- Jim Drnek, Ed.D. ~ Dean of Students
- Sandra Emerick, Ed.D. ~ Associate Dean of Students
- Olga Lee ~ Office Coordinator
- Marilyn Werner ~ Budget Officer
- Kelly Sparks ~ Receptionist
Student Involvement Center
(Student Center 343)
The Student Involvement Center
offers support and assistance to our 170 student organizations; student media groups including the Cauldron, Vindicator, WCSB ratio station, Whiskey Island literary magazine, and the Gavel Law School publication; and our 8 fraternities and 7 sororities within our Greek-letter organizations.
Campus life begins with your involvement in student organizations, fraternities and sororities, or student media. Practice leadership skills, develop confidence, meet students with similar interests, and have fun! Get connected and stay in school.
- Steven Liss ~ Director, Student Involvement
- Mary Myers, Ph.D. ~ Coordinator, Student Organizations
- William Russell ~ Coordinator, Greek Affairs
- Daniel Lenhart ~ Student Media & Web Specialist - Cole Center 4th floor
Student Organizations (Student Center 350)
Explore personal and academic interests, improve your skills and learn how to navigate CSU through involvement in any of our 170 student organizations including academic, cultural, religious, honorary, special interest, fraternities, sororities, and sport clubs. Or start a brand new student group! To learn more email email@example.com, visit www.csuohio.edu/studentlife, pick up a Viking Planner or Student Organization Directory, and attend the Student Organizations Information Fairs.
Student Media Organizations
Student Media Organizations help keep the CSU community entertained and informed of issues and events impacting your daily lives. Build verbal and written communication competencies, computer and graphic art abilities, business expertise, and interpersonal skills. Media groups include:
- The Cauldron, weekly student-produced newspaper
- The Vindicator, monthly student-produced multicultural magazine
- Whiskey Island Magazine, bi-annual student-produced literary magazine
- The Gavel, produced by students of the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- WCSB 89.3FM, student-operated radio station that provides a variety of music, entertainment and news. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fraternities & Sororities
(Student Center 343)
Our 15 Greek-letter social fraternities and sororities provide students with peer affiliations that foster brotherhood and sisterhood, pride, tradition, friendships, philanthropy and service. Learn more about Greek life during member recruitment periods and information sessions, participate in Greek Week activities, or visit the Greek Coordinator in SC 343. For more information contact email@example.com.
Benefits to You:
- Network with peers and employers
- Develop leadership and organizational skills
- Learn more about yourself
- Connect to campus, remain in school and graduate!
- Meet students with similar interests and have fun!
Events and Conference Management
Planning Your Event
Events and Conference Management wishes to cultivate academic partnerships by having successful programs, seminars, and conferences that positively support and enhance the economic activity of both Cleveland State and the local community. We directly support
the University and seek to stimulate community partnerships that expand the reputation of Cleveland State on a regional level to become a means for broader institutional development.
Cleveland State offers a variety of facilities and services to the Cleveland community and our visitors.
We can provide the right facility for community, business, education, and nonprofit
organizations for a private meeting, a large conference, research/technical facilities, performance auditorium or even athletic camps. For a complete list of facilities and costs, visit our website at
Summer camp programs will enjoy our state-of-the-art Recreation Center, in addition to Woodling Gymnasium containing three full-size basketball courts; indoor running track; weight room; and natatorium with an Olympic-size pool; or move outdoors to tennis courts, softball, and soccer fields. CSU is located in the Campus neighborhood District of downtown Cleveland, with nearby hotels, restaurants, professional sports, world- class entertainment, and public transportation. Truly, “the city is our campus” — and everything that Cleveland offers may be available when you hold your next memorable event at Cleveland State University!
Student Government Association
(Student Center 217 & 218)
Student Government Association
serves as the student body liaison with University administration to ensure that the welfare and educational interest of students are incorporated into the goals and policies of Cleveland State University. SGA also allocates funds to student organizations and coordinates/promotes programs and activities of an all-university nature that contribute appreciably to the cultural , educational, and/or social purpose of Cleveland State University. The Executive Board office is located in SC 217 and the Senate office is located in SC 218.
The Student Government Association will be holding a series of open houses during Weeks of Welcome, one of which will be during The Big Reveal on September 8. Stop by the offices for information on how to get involved!
Dining Services Offices
CSU Dining is located inside Viking Marketplace, Student Center 215.
For questions and concerns, please call 216-687-5001 or visit us online at www.dineoncampus.com/csu