Terms And Conditions
The Viking Card is the official campus identification card for all CSU students, faculty, and staff. The card is required for all active members of the CSU community. All other versions of a CSU identification card are invalid. Use and acceptance of the card indicates agreement to the terms and conditions that govern its use.
- Cardholders have the responsibility for reporting lost, stolen or damaged cards in a timely fashion to the Viking Card Office at 216.875.9888 or firstname.lastname@example.org or on-line at Online card office.
- Rights and privileges associated with the card are non-transferable and are contingent upon active status as a member of the CSU Community including but not limited to student, faculty and staff.
- The card must be carried on campus at all times and presented to a CSU official upon request.
- Photo images captured for the identification card become part of cardholders’ educational record, therefore may be used for official University business.
- The name printed on the Viking Card is the individual’s official name as recorded in the Cleveland State University database.
- Cardholder is issued the first card at no charge. Subsequent cards issued to the same active cardholder will be considered replacement cards and therefore a fee may be charged.
- If a person is not an active student for 18 consecutive months or longer then the replacement fee may be waived.
Replacement Cards & Photos
- Applicable card replacement fee for cardholders is $20.00 and is payable at the time of re-issuance Cash and credit cards are accepted at the Cashier’s office. Checks and Viking Cash are accepted at the Viking Card office. Another way to pay for your replacement card click on campusnet.csuohio.edu/ShopNet/index.jsp select Office of Treasury Services then select Viking Card replacement. Make sure to print a receipt and bring it to the Viking Card office MC112
- Cardholders must present a current photo ID & class schedule when requesting a replacement card.
- A request of name change due to University error or replacement needed due to normal wear and tear will have no fee assessed to the cardholder upon surrendering the original card to the Viking Card Office.
- Do not punch holes, affix non-university stickers, or in any other way make modifications to your Viking Card. You will be charged a replacement fee for cards replacement due to cardholder modifications.
- Cardholders are not permitted to wear any article of clothing or eyewear that, in the judgment of the carding staff, will obscure his/her physical features. Any exceptions to the above will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Vikingcash Refunds and Transfers:
Cash withdrawals cannot be made from Vikingcash accounts and Vikingcash balances are non-refundable or transferable unless the following conditions are met:
- Damaged cards: Immediate transfer of the remaining value from a damaged card to a new card will be made. The damaged card must be relinquished to the card office before re-issuance of a new card.
- Lost or stolen cards: When a Viking Card is reported missing, it is deactivated and the account is frozen. After the re-issuance of a replacement Viking Card, any Viking Card account value is transferred to the new card. If a lost or stolen card is found after re-issuance it cannot be re-activated. Please refer to the Disclosure Statement on the front of this form.
- Separation from CSU: Balances of $10.00 or more will be refunded when an individual officially withdraws from CSU, graduates or terminates employment. For an immediate refund, the cardholder must submit an application for a refund at the Viking Card Office and present proof of separation from CSU. Refunds are applied to and refunded through Student Accounts and subject to an administration fee
- Inactive Accounts: Accounts with no Vikingcash transactions for 9 months or longer will be closed and balances above $10 will be applied to and refunded through Students Accounts. Any balance will be mailed to cardholders’ address listed in the University’s’ database.
- Your digital photograph will be printed on the face of your Viking Card and will be stored in the Viking Card database.
- A new photo will be taken only if there has been a significant change in the card holder’s appearance.
Cleveland State University Viking Card Office and its personnel are not liable for financial loss or criminal repercussion associated with any lost, stolen, damaged or fraudulently used Viking Cards. Card holders are responsible for up to $50.00 for unauthorized use of an account on a lost or stolen Viking Card provided that the card holder notifies the Viking Card Office within two (2) days of learning of the loss or theft of the card. If the card holder fails to notify the Viking Card Office of the lost card within two (2) days, the card holder bears full responsibility for the unauthorized charges. Cardholder information is kept secure and confidential at the Viking Card ID Office. Outside parties are not privileged to personal or account information unless express consent is granted or the University is required to comply with legal or government agencies.