Please visit STEM Opportunities for a complete list of innovative programs supported by the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Education, Ohio Board of Regents Choose Ohio First, and others. Many provide stipends or help underwrite tuition and fees.
- Discipline—Check with your academic advisors and department administrators about scholarships and awards within a specific discipline such as [[Psychology > hyperlink to http://www.csuohio.edu/sciences/dept/psychology/scholarship.html]] and the health professions.
- Ohio Academy of Science—A professional organization that promotes awards and scholarships for science students in Ohio. Programs currently accepting applications include the Ohio Environmental Fund of the Ohio EPA for students studying environmental science. Visit http://www.ohiosci.org/.
- Choose Ohio First—A state-funded program aimed at graduating more students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM). Currently, there are six different Choose Ohio First programs at CSU, many of which are still accepting applications for this year.
- CSU STEM Programs—Visit STEM Opportunities for a complete list of CSU programs supported by the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Education, and others. Many provide stipends or help underwrite tuition and fees.
- Financial Aid—A vast majority of Cleveland State students receive financial assistance through grants, loans and federal work-study. For more information, please visit the Office of Financial Aid.
Scholarships Currently Available
- The Irene Frangos Endowed Scholarship
Awards will be made to undergraduates in COSHP pursing a career in medical research, biomedical research, or focused on the cause and cure of leukemia or cancer. Selection will be based on academic achievement and financial need.
- Leah S. Gary Endowed Scholarship
Awards will be made to a major in COSHP with demonstrated financial need and academic merit (minimum University G.P.A. of 2.5). Preference shall also be given to a student from the Mt. Pleasant neighborhood in Cleveland or an under-represented student population.
- The Edward J. Petrick Endowed Scholarship in Gerontological StudiesAwards will be made to Juniors taking classes in the Gerontological Studies Program. Selection will be made based on academic achievement and financial need.
- Sersig/Brandt Family Endowed Scholarship
Awards will be made to junior or senior students pursuing a major leading to a career teaching science, or in the biological or health sciences. Preference will not students in physical or occupational therapy, nursing, or speech and hearing. Selection will be based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need.
- John and Florence Vitullo Endowed Scholarship
Awards will be made to undergraduates in COSHP with demonstrated financial need.
- Joyce A. and Ronald H. Zabor Endowed Scholarship
Awards will be made to economically disadvantaged undergraduate or graduates students working on a degree in the department of psychology.
- The Endowed Scholarship in Diversity Management
Awards will be made to students in the Masters of Psychology, Diversity Management Specialization with demonstrated financial need.
Deadlines and Requirements
Applications for AY 2013-2014 are being reviewed.
College of Sciences and Health Professions Scholarship Coordinator: